The holiday weekend was fun and super busy. My family was in town, and Daniel was in a wedding.
- On Friday, Daniel and I joined Jen and Josh and his family for dinner at Farmhouse in the River Market. The weather was perfect, and we sat outside for over two hours. Pam, Josh’s mom, delivered my baby shower gifts which included books, onesies, a crocheted blanket, and the most perfect Hobbes doll which she created just from a picture. My mom recently gave me a box full of the special clothes and blankets that people had made for me when I was small, and I love that I already have a few items that I will keep forever for my son.
- Saturday morning, Jen, my mom, and I pampered ourselves with manicures and pedicures. It was so nice to relax for awhile. I had attempted to paint my toes the weekend before, and the results were not great. Just reaching my toes from around my basketball belly was nearly impossible. You should see me try to shave my legs. If you’re in KC, I definitely recommend West Plaza Nails. Upgrade your pedicure and get the mint leg wrap.
- When we didn’t have to be at something for the wedding, we visited my parents and brothers’ families. My nieces and nephew ate watermelon and splashed around in a little pool. We blew bubbles and played on the swing set. My family even threw Daniel and me a surprise baby shower! We got some really great gifts for Baby G, including many cute outfits, books, a crocheted blanket from Kim’s parents, and a 1968 copy of Ramona the Pest.
- Our friends, Dugan and Lindsay, were married on Sunday at the Red Barn Farm in Weston, MO. The location was lovely, and they exchanged vows in front of an apple orchard.
- On Memorial Day, my family came to my house for a picnic in the living room before everyone had to head home. Austin, Anna, and Ellie tried out all of Baby G’s toys and puzzles to make sure they were suitable for their new cousin. Such sweet kids.
Two more weeks until my due date, and it couldn’t get here soon enough. I am all belly. Lots of belly. A coworker laughed at me yesterday when I passed her in the hall.
- I want my body back and to be able to wear my clothes again.
- I miss running and sweating. There are 12 bags of mulch sitting in my flower bed, and it kills me that I’m not supposed to lift those bags and spread the mulch by myself.
- I miss gin cocktails, and I wish the thought of me in a swimsuit right now didn’t make me shudder.
- I’m kind of terrified of labor, and I just want to get it over with.
- Most importantly, I’m just ready to meet my son.
Mindy Lahiri and Danny Costellano are the new and IMPROVED Ross and Rachel. I can’t wait for next season!